- Gerald was trained at the most prestigious journalism school in Germany (Henri-Nannen-Journalistenschule).
- Gerald won the most prestigious award for young journalists in Germany (Axel-Springer-Preis).
- Gerald’s texts were published in almost all important magazines and newspapers in German-speaking countries.
- Gerald has done a lot of investigative research in teams that led to many lead stories.
- Deep understanding of national and international economics as Gerald holds a Master’s degree in economics (Diplom-Volkswirt). His areas of expertise are: monetary theory, input-output-analysis, and resource economics.
- Ability to adapt to various social environments since Gerald grew up in a working-class family in a mountain valley in the Alps (Arbeiterkind).
- Gerald is a strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communicator who can deliver effective presentations.
- Gerald is an exceptional problem-solver with a keen ability to resolve tricky issues.
- More than a decade of experience of living in Arab and Muslim societies (Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Israel and Occupied Territories) and traveling in the MENA-region (Middle East and North Africa). Gerald has visited almost all major Arab Muslim countries.
- Firsthand witness of the Arab Spring. Gerald lived in Alexandria, Egypt, while the Arab Spring evolved.
- Fluency in Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic and Egyptian Arabic).
- Deep understanding of countries in crisis – Gerald lived in Athens, Greece, for two years during the financial (and refugee) crisis.
- Very experienced Alpine skier and mountaineer since Gerald grew up in one of the world’s finest ski resorts: Arlberg.
- Open to new technologies: Gerald has been coding and working with Linux since his youth.
- LANGUAGES: German (mother tongue), English (fluent), Arabic (fluent), Hebrew (working knowledge). Basic understanding: Urdu, Turkish, French.
My set of